Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is commonly known as The frozen lake trek. Langtang is a region in the Himalayas of Nepal to the north of the Kathmandu Valley and bordering Tibet. The Langtang National Park is located in the area. About 4,500 people live inside the park, and many more depend on it for timber and firewood. The majority of the residents in this region are Tamang. The park contains the Gosainkunda lakes, sacred to Hindus. Pilgrimages are made there in August. Another spiritual site is the Buddhist monastery Kyanjin Gompa.
Langtang valley is famous as the valley of glaciers. Here you will get close up view of mountains named Langtang Lirung (7246 m), visit glaciers, walking on grassy down and meadows. Gosainkunda is one of the holy mountain lakes at an altitude of 4380 meter from sea level. Both Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims gather around this area every year especially on full moon day of August. Both Hindus as well as Buddhists once in a life visit this lake.
Langtang Gosaikunda trek starts after some hours driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. A tittle further up the valley is Kyanjin Gompa, where we stop overnight and test the local yak cheese. We pass through Nubamatang, nestled in a hidden valley, on our way up to view the glaciers, which mark the gateway into Tilman‘s col, a high mountaineering route to Jugal Himal that crosses a steep and difficult icefall on the south side. We also can hike to kyanjing Ri or Tsergo Ri (Cherko Ri) which offer spectacular views of Naya Kanga (5,846m) ,Ponggen Dopku (5,930m), Mt Langtang Lirung (7245m ), Yala peak , Dorje Lakpa(6966m), Urkeinmang (6387m), Loenpo Gang (6979) and Kangchenpo. Backtracking, we travel through Syabru village and SingGompa to a high plateau, where the sacred lake Gosainkund is located. Crossing the Laurebena Pass (4610m), we continue south, leaving the Langtang region behind us as we travel through the Helambu valley. From here, it’s just a few days trek back to Kathmandu.
- Activity: Trekking
- Duration: 17 Days
- Grade: Moderate
- Highest Alt: 5,000m / 16404 ft
- Trek Type: Lodge / Tea house Trek
- Best Season: Autumn (Oct to Dec) and Spring (March to May)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmanduw, after completion of our custom formalities (Visa, etc), we pick up from airport and transfer to hotel. Depending on time if we have enough time we will hang around thamel and buy some necessary gears.
In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner and short briefing.
In this day we will complete all essential paper works. Today, there will be a meeting to brief all the members about upcoming trip. Here, our guides and Sherpas provides us an opportunity to ask any questions we may have regarding our upcoming adventure.
Sherpa Khangri Outdoor representative will drop you to airport according to your flight schedule.
Included Meals : B
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu, hotel and tea houses during trekking.
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles.
- Langtang National Park Permits fee.
- Experienced Trekking guide and porter services with their food and accommodation.
- Staff Insurance and Salary.
- Drive from and to Kathmandu.
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu.
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek.
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and others.
- Comprehensive First aid medical kit.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- Company services and all required government taxes/royalties.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Internet Access during the trek.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Personal trekking staff if requested.