Bardiya National Park is a protected area in Nepal that was established in 1988 as Royal Bardia National Park. Covering an area of 968 km2 (374 sq mi) it is the largest and most undisturbed wilderness area in Nepal's Terai, adjoining the eastern bank of the Karnali River in the Bardiya District.
The northern limits of the protected area are demarcated by the crest of the Siwalik Hills. The Nepalgunj-Surkhet highway partly forms the southern boundary, but seriously disrupts the protected area. Natural boundaries to human settlements are formed in the west by the Geruwa, a branch of the Karnali River, and in the southeast by the Babai River.
The Bardia jungle safari includes elephant ride, bird watching, jungle walk, canoe ride, jeep safari, local village excursion and cultural programs. Those who want to enjoy the Bardia jungle safari either take a flight to Nepalgunj or take a drive to Bardia, situated 585 km away south west of Kathmandu. Bardia jungle safari is a unique opportunity for all those who enjoy watching birds, animals and plants in the most natural environment. Most of the vegetation in this place is natural flora consisting of grassland, savannah and riverine forest. The Bardia National park is a paradise for plant lovers since it has 839 species of flora and 642 species of fauna. The tourists can easily view reptiles and amphibians in this forest. Here one can find different types of crocodiles. This park also shelters about 53 species of mammals. Every year around 400 different species of migratory birds arrive at this national park. Unique flora, fauna, landscape and indigenous Tharu culture of buffer zone communities are main tourist attraction of Bardia jungle safari. The Bardiya jungle safari is done either on foot or on jeep or on elephant. On the outskirts of the jungle one can walk freely on foot without any danger of wild animal movement. The safaris to tiger, leopard and deer sightings are on jeep. The elephant ride is full of fun, consists of a tour around the park to view rhinos, deer and crawlers. This place has hot and humid climate throughout the year with monsoon from June to September.
- Activity: Tours
- Duration: 6 Days
- Grade: Normal
- Highest Alt:
- Trek Type: Jungle Safari / Tour
- Best Season: October - May
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmanduw, after completion of our custom formalities (Visa, etc), we pick up from airport and transfer to hotel. Depending on time if we have enough time we will hang around thamel and buy some necessary gears.In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner and short briefing.
Upon your arrival at Nepalgunj Airport or Ambasa bus stand our representative receive you and transfer to jungle Lodge, welcome drinks and introduction to your room, freshen up and briefing session, lunch, visit nearby ethnic tharu village, dinner and briefing about next day program.
Wake up call, breakfast, elephant ride, visit to visitor center, crocodile breeding center and tharu cultural museum, lunch, jungle nature walk, dinner and briefing about next day program
Wake up call, breakfast, tiger tracking and bird watching, lunch, jeep safari, dinner and briefing about next day program.
Wake up call, breakfast, Karnali River for dolphin sightseeing, lunch, fly back to Kathmandu, or drive to Lumbni Chitwan or Pokhara.
Sherpa Khangri Outdoor representative will drop you to airport according to your flight schedule.
- Pick up and drop from and to airport
- Hotel accommodation of BB Plan in Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- Jungle activities like Elephant ride, Jungle walk, Jeep safari, bird watching, Tharu village tour and cultural show on choice.
- Transportation to Bardia by coach / private vehicle or flight on choice
- An experienced nature safari guide trained by government of Nepal
- All necessary paper works, our Service charge and Government Taxes
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit
- Staff insurance and salary
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Meals on the way of journey (Bardiya-kathmandu-Bardiya)
- Flight fare and private vehicle cost (we arrange on request)
- Tips for Guide, driver as well as other staff
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended