Located at the south of Na Village in the upper Rolwaling Region, Yalung Ri Peak with the height of 5630 m is one of the clusters of peaks around the Yalung La. Yalung la is a pass giving access to the upper Rolwaling from the south via the Khare Khola. The Rolwaling valley is considered as a main access to Yalung Ri Peak. Trek to the Yalung Ri in the Rolwaling Region leads through villages which has remained untouched by western civilization and also through the outstanding scenery along beautiful rivers valley before emerging in high alpine country. Route of the Yalung-Ri is also same route of Ramdung-Go up to base camp. The Base Camp of Yalung-Ri and Ramdun-Go is same. From Base camp the trail splits. From Base Camp it is not very far to summit and back to its base camp and Nah Village.
From the earlier of October to the end of November is the suitable and best time for climbing this peak. Although the mountain, by it normal route of ascent, is straightforward, its virtues lie in its magnificent position and splendid summit panorama that ranges from Langtang to Everest and provides a splendid view of Gauri Shankar and Menlungtse.
- Activity: Expedition
- Duration: 14 Days
- Grade: Strenuous
- Highest Alt: 5630 m
- Trek Type: Tea house and Camping
- Best Season: Spring & Autumn
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports.
- Expedition Permit and Royalties
- Garbage Deposit.
- Drive from Kathmandu - Jagat - Kathmandu.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area entry permit.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, teahouses and tents during expedition.
- Experience Climbing Guide and Sherpa.
- Climbing Sherpa as required.
- Porters as required.
- All the staff salaries & allowances.
- All the staff insurance & Heli Insurances.
- Group Climbing gears.
- All the necessary equipment at base camp.
- 1 bottle oxygen for rescue and in an emergency.
- Walkie talkie set for each Sherpa.
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Internet Access during the Expedition.
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- Tips to staffs.