Mera Peak stands in Barun sub-section of the Himalaya and in Solukhumbu District, Sagarmatha Zone of Nepal with the height of 6,476 m , 21,247 ft above sea level. This Peak has considered as a highest trekking peak in Everest Region, Nepal and very suitable challenge for a first climb in the mountain who are physically fit. Mera has three main summits; Mera North 6476m, Mera Mid/Central 6461m and Mera South 6065m. The standard route that we follow is North ridge route. In 1975 frist ascent of Mera Peak via North was made by French climbers Marcel Jolly, G. Baus and L. Honills.
Mera Peak climbing with Sherpa Khangri Outdoor begins after taking short and enjoying flight from Kathmandu to Lukla or we can drive to Jiri and trek all the way from Jiri to Lulka. During the trek from Lukla to base camp we pass some remote villages and forests of the Hinku Valley which is amazing and incredibly beautiful. Hinku Valley is steeply descend after crossing Zatra La (4600m). Our hospitality,services, foods, quality equipment, staffs and an experienced leader will make your trip an lifetime adventure experience in the Himalaya Country.
We set up Mera La base camp at the height of 5410m where we arrange climbing training course, teach climbing techniques and skills, rope fixing and many more to increase the level of your climbing confident. To make the climbing period efficient and enjoyable we set our high camp at 5800m behind a large vertical rock. The breathtaking panoramic view seen from our Mera High Camp adds more excitement and motivate the climbers. From high camp, earlier in the morning we approach to the summit of the peak via Northern Route which involves high altitude glacier walking.The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes. The summit view of Mera Peak 6476m is one of the finest, unforgetable and eye sizzling with spectacular 8000m peaks visible including Mt.Everest, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga as well as Nuptse and Chamlang. Now a days Mera Peak is being popular for skiing.
2700/- USD Per Person (1-2 members)
2500/- USD Per Person (5 or more person)
- Activity: Expedition
- Duration: 19 Days
- Grade: Hard
- Highest Alt: 6,476 m , 21,247
- Trek Type: Lodge + Camping
- Best Season: Spring and Autumn
- Expedition Permit and Royalties
- Garbage Deposit
- Sagarmatha National park entry permit
- Drive KTM- Lukla- KTM
- Lodging & Food during Expedition and trekking to BC and back
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Experience Climbing Guide and Sherpa
- Base camp Kitchen staff
- Tents and food base camp and high camp
- Climbing Sherpa as required
- Porters/ Yak to Base camp and Back
- All the staff salaries & allowances
- All the staff insurance & Heli Insurances
- Group Climbing gears
- All the necessary equipment at base camp
- 1 bottle oxygen for rescue and in an emergency.
- Walkie talkie set for each Sherpa
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu.
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Visa fee of Nepal
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu Hotel stay
- Personal equipment's.
- Personal Insurance
- Heli Rescue
- Satellite Telephone
- All other personal nature expenses
- Staff Tips