Manaslu, its name, which means “mountain of the spirit” is the 8th highest mountain in the world of the height of 8,163 m (26,781 ft) above sea level. Located in the west-central of Nepal, 40 miles east of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu is a part of the Nepalese Himalayas in the Gurkha massif and also known as Kutung in Tibet. The journey to the top of Manaslu was stated on May 9, 1956 when two climbers Toshio Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu scaled this mountain. The mountain's long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, and culminate in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape.Manaslu requires more duration than other 8000m peaks due to the long access to reach it base. South face route to the common summit is the toughest and dangerous among the 6 routes and Northeast face route is the common and commercial route taken by the mountaineers.
The climbing is few technical than Cho Oyu or Shishapangma which follows a relatively straightforward line to the top. It’s a long exert to climb due to its low base camp and with relatively high objective avalanche risk makes the route little bit technical.The Manaslu Base Camp lies at an altitude of 4,665m. Basically, Sherpa Khangri Outdoorteam set 4 camps during Manaslu climbing via Northeast face including food provisions, fuel and oxygen. Camp-1 takes place at the height of 5500m, Camp -2 at 6300m, Camp-3 at 6800m and finally the last camp at the height of 7320m. There is few stretches of steep climbing and crevasses between Camp-1 to Camp-2 and slippery snow frim Camp-2 to Camp-3. The journey from Camp-3 to Camp-4 collects the risk of avalanche.
ExpeditionCost: $ 18,000 USD Per person.
- Activity: Expedition
- Duration: 39 Days
- Grade: Hard
- Highest Alt: 8,163 m (26,781 ft)
- Trek Type: Hotel / Tea house Trek / Camping Trek
- Best Season: September
- Expedition Permit and Royalties
- Garbage Deposit
- National park entry permit
- Drive KTM- Gorkha- KTM
- Lodging & Food during Expedition and trekking to BC and back
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Experience Climbing Guide and Sherpa
- Base camp Kitchen staff
- Climbing Sherpa (1member:1 Sherpa)
- Porters/ Yak to Base camp and Back
- Liaison Officer
- All the staff salaries & allowances
- All the staff insurance & Heli Insurances
- Group Climbing gears
- All the necessary equipment at base camp
- 6 bottles of Oxygen(4 for the clients & 2 for Sherpa)
- Oxygen Mask regulator set
- Walkie talkie set for each Sherpa
- Solar panel and generator at base camp
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Visa fee of Nepal
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu Hotel stay.
- Personal equipment's.
- Personal Insurance
- Heli Rescue
- Satellite Telephone
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Staff Tips
- Internet Access during the Expedition.